Are you the next System Engineer for NATO with the right qualities? Don’t hesitate to apply!
The Systems Engineer (CIS Security) reports to the Head CIS Security Officer, and contributes to the management of NIMSC CIS security matters by:
- Supporting all technical development activities required to maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of NIMSC operational business networks;
- Maintaining personal core competencies (functional and technical) in the Information Assurance area;
- Planning and coordinating, in close corporation with NATO Cyber Security Centre, the internal development of security architectures for large-scale systems, networks, and infrastructure solutions;
- Applying excellent expertise and providing recommendations in the development of conceptual, logical, and technical security architecture;
- Applying knowledge of a variety of hardware and software security capabilities and features;
- Resolving security and non-security requirement conflicts, and collaborating with team leaders, scientists and developers to appropriately convert functional needs into technical security requirements;
- Coordinating with systems and network administrators in support of security architecture requirements;
- Supporting the identification of security-related Key Performance Indicators and generating reports to ensure full visibility of the overall NCI Agency Information Security posture;
- Reviewing network interconnection requests and user access requests;
- Coordinating and overseeing vulnerability assessment and penetration tests performed on NIMSC systems; overseeing remediation activities and reporting on progress;
- Overseeing enrolment of NIMSC systems in security monitoring and incident response programs;
- Supporting all phases of the security accreditation processes required to maintain operational status;
- Contributing to the creation and maintenance of the NIMSC CIS Security Risk and Issue Register;
- Planning, deploying, and configuring a variety of hardware, software, and security products;
- Providing feedback, advice and guidance to senior management in the areas of enterprise architecture, NATO security accreditation activities, procurement as well as training and awareness programmes;
- Conducting INFOSEC training and awareness programmes;
- Contribute to the Business Continuity Plan in the NIMSC CIS Security area;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required
You must have CTS Clearance to start! It is also required:
- A minimum requirement of a Bachelor’s degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in an Information Security related discipline and 2 years post-related experience.
- Or exceptionally, the lack of a university degree may be compensated by the demonstration of a candidate’s particular abilities or experience that is/are of interest to NCI Agency, that is, at least 6 years extensive and progressive expertise in duties related to the function of the post.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional(CISSP) or Certified Information System Manager(CISM) ;
- At least two years’ experience within any 2 of the following areas: system security, security architecture, network security engineering, security governance including strategic alignment, security audit, risk management, performance management and value delivery;
- Detailed knowledge and working experience of network and security technologies such as IPv4/IPv6, IPsec, routing protocols, Firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, Intrusion Detection and Forensic Appliances;
- Experience with high-availability/redundant systems architectures (clusters & load-balancers).
Desirable Experience and Education:
- Knowledge and working experience of Public Key Infrastructure;
- Knowledge and working experience of securing network devices and Windows/UNIX based operating systems;
- Experience with WLAN technologies and endpoint security of mobile devices such as Laptops, PDAs and Smartphones devices;
- Knowledge of mobile data communications, in particular satellite or maritime solutions;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization to include NATO Security Policy and supporting directives;
- Understanding of INFOSEC in NATO or NATO member nation environment;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
Are you interested? That’s great! If your skills and experience match this job description, please send us your CV and motivation letter.